This open house was active from Aug. 5-20, 2022. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
We're sorry we can't share these treats in person, but here is a recipe you can make at home.
Orange Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, orange zest, and granulated sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, vanilla, orange extract, and the red and yellow food coloring.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and ½ cup confectioners' sugar. With the mixer on low, gradually beat into a creamed mixture.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, create balls and roll them in the remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten dough balls into rounds. Place approximately 6 dough balls on each sheet.
- Bake until they no longer appear wet on top, about 8-11 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan until firm enough to transfer to cooling racks